“Company” refers to Grenadier Firelighters Ltd, the owner and operator of the Website. In this document “we”, “us” and “our” is a reference to the Company. The Company also includes our staff and agents acting on our behalf.
“Customer” refers to any person, either as an individual or on behalf of a company or other body, using the Website. In this document “you” or “your” is a reference to the Customer.
“Website” means www.grenadier.co.uk.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your communication choices at any time.
This policy explains how we will treat your personal information. We do update this policy from time to time so please review it regularly.
Collecting personal information
The Website requires the submission, use and storage of certain personal information. This includes the following:
- Details you provide to us when registering with and using the Website including (but not limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Details you provide to us for the purpose of sending you emails, newsletters and other communications.
- Details you provide to us when entering into competitions or for the purpose of receiving offers.
- Information relating to any purchases you make through the Website.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths).
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you give to us personal information about another person, remember you must obtain that person's consent to you giving us that information, and us storing and using that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We may collect, use and store your personal information to:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Keep the Website secure and prevent fraud.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may provide your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may provide your personal information to third parties:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings (whether they have commenced or are expected to commence);
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any part of our business or assets that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, that court or authority would be reasonably likely to order us to provide that personal information to that person.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Stop us using your personal information
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
Retaining personal information
Our policies and procedures on keeping personal information are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to keeping and deleting personal information.
Personal information that we use for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
If you request your personal information to be deleted, we may keep your data for one of these reasons:
- if we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the information may be relevant to any legal proceedings (whether they have commenced or are expected to commence); and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Withdrawing your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please login your account and untick the Opt-in box within ‘Communication Preferences’ on your Account page.
Security of your personal information
You are responsible for keeping the username and password you use for accessing our Website confidential.
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our Website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, provided that:
- you supply us with appropriate proof of your identity. We will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor together with a copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
The Website allows you to expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. We provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our Website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties or their websites, or any content of those websites or any transactions that you may enter into with such third parties.
It is your responsibility to let us know if your personal information needs to be corrected or updated on our Website. You will be liable for any charges for services that result from your failure to update your personal information on the Website.
The Website is owned and operated by Grenadier Firelighters Ltd.
Our registered office and main trading address is Unit 3c Barrowmore Enterprise Estate, Great Barrow, Chester CH3 7JS
Company Registration Number: 2343444
If you need to contact us you can do so by writing to us at the trading address above, by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Website contact option, or by telephone on 01829 741649.